Model Behaviour part III
Everyone was gone except the bartender, the girl on the next stool and me. The rest of the band had left for the hotel, or maybe for an after party. I'd been sitting in the bar while slowly watching the dance floor dissolve intro second hand smoke and pools of beer. Had been drinking all through the disco, and watched the load out through hazy lenses while thinking I should go to sleep.
I just couldn't be bothered, so I still sat there when the music stopped and people started heading towards the doors. Ordered another drink when they started cleaning the place. The girl next to me hadn't said squat since she sat down about twenty minutes earlier. Figured she was a-waiting for someone, maybe her boyfriend or something. The when the bartender leaves the room she suddenly speaks:
- *"Vill du knulla" she said with a French accent thick as cream.
I laughed. I figured she'd overheard me saying to the bartender I was Swedish, or maybe she knew the band from somewhere. She was very attractive, very slim and very modelesque. I answered **"kanske" and she said she didn't understand Swedish, she'd just learned that particular sentence online. We started small talking, I can't really recall what we said except that I learned she was a fashion model with ambitions, she liked Bruce Springsteen and she was born in Paris. I was a drunk guitar slinger looking for some company, and I couldn't really see anything wrong with this particular kind. We kept on talking and laughing for a bit before I returned to her opening line.
- "Y'know there are nicer ways to ask someone to go home with them"... I said and gave her my best Colgate.
- "Like what, how do you say that in your language"? she answered almost whispering.
- "I'm sure you can find out for yourself... Or maybe you'd like to accompany me to the hotel, I keep a thesaurus in my bag" I said with a little blink-blink.
- "What"? She said and Iooked very surprised. "I thought they were dead since like a million years"!
I don't kiss and tell, but I'm gonna give you her favourite song.
This is a little heads-up for my next couple of posts. It's gonna be all about Heartland.
*Swedish for "Wanna fuck"?
**Swedish for "Maybe"